- Welcome to the website https://www.friendsoflmly.org.au/ of Love Me Love You Australia (ABN 36 161 961 495) (we,us or our). We respect the privacy of everyone who uses this website, our special media pages, our goods or services, or who participates in our events, workshops or fundraisers (collectively the Site) and we are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of the personal information of all users of the Site.
- This Policy applies in general terms to the collection, storage, disclosure and use of personal information by us, how you may access personal information that we keep or complain about a suspected privacy breach. Please read this Policy before you use the Site.
- We do not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information about anyone under 18. If you are at least 13 years old but not yet 18, you should only use this Site in conjunction with your parent or guardian who agrees to this Policy.
2. Your Acceptance
- This Policy applies to and should be read in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions which are available on the Site. www.friendsoflmly.org.au
3. Personal Information
- We collect and use personal information from you, which may include information from:
- users or visitors of our Site;
- recipients of support services;
- participants in events, advocacy campaigns, workshops or presentations;
- fundraising service providers;
- mental health support services; and
- partner organisations.
- The personal information we collect and use depends on the type of dealings that you have with us and may include the following non-exhaustive list:
- full name;
- date of birth;
- contact details such as postal address, phone number and email address;
- information from enquiries you have made;
- communications between us;
- credit/debit card information; and
- health information;
(collectively the Personal Information).
- We collect Personal Information about you in a variety of ways including:
- when you visit our Site;
- when you submit information through our Site;
- when you make an enquiry;
- when you register an event through our Site;
- when you donate or fundraise;
- when you access information and resources on our Site;
- when you participate in one of our events, workshops, presentations or fundraisers;
- through your use of our goods or services; and
- from publicly available source of information.
- We may collect and use personal information so that:
- we can contact you about workshops, presentations, fundraisers or events;
- we can provide information to allow you to link to support services;
- we can seek your feedback in relation to those support services offered on the Site;
- we can administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us;
- we can anticipate and resolve problems with any links, third party sites or other content or information supplied by you;
- we can enhance the Site and our services to better meet your needs;
- we can process and respond to requests, improve our operations, and communicate with users about our services; and
- we can meet our legal obligations.
- Where we collect your Personal Information for a specific purpose not outlined above, we will provide you with a collective notice which explains the primary purpose.
- As part of administering our services we may collect sensitive information. Sensitive information is Personal Information such as health information that is generally afforded a higher level of privacy protection. In order to comply with our obligations at law, we may collect sensitive information including health information. We only collect sensitive information where it is reasonably necessary as part of us providing a service or activity and you have consented, or we are required to do so by law.
- If you do not provide some or all of the Personal Information requested, we may not be able to offer you our services or provide you with information about our events, workshops, presentations, programs or fundraisers.
- Unless you have agreed otherwise and except as otherwise specified in this Policy, we will not use or share with a third party (including partners), any Personal Information collected from you for direct marketing purposes, except in accordance with clause 3.9 below.
- We may share your Personal Information within our related bodies corporate and with our agents, partners, contractors, service providers or suppliers, who perform functions on our behalf, such as suppliers carrying out processing, financial and credit card institutions, hosting companies and internet service providers. In all circumstances where your Personal Information is disclosed, we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that these third parties undertake to protect your privacy. These third parties may be located both in and outside Australia.
- Prior to the disclosure of Personal Information to a third party overseas, we will take such steps as reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the overseas recipient treats your Personal Information securely and otherwise complies with the relevant Australian Privacy Principles in relation to the Personal Information.
- Direct marketing:
- With your consent (express or implied) or where otherwise permitted at law, we may use your Personal Information that you provided to us or share such Personal Information with our Partners, for direct marketing purposes.
- By registering for an event or making a donation through us, you are consenting to receive marketing communications from us, including via e-mail.
- If you do not wish to receive these communications, you can opt out at any time in the ways set out below and we will remove you at your request:
- by contacting us by writing to Love Me Love You Privacy Officer at Level 1, 48 High Street, Northcote, Victoria 3070 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- by calling us on 0404313353; or
- by using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our commercial electronic messages (ie email or SMS) to opt out of receiving those messages.
- To the extent required or permitted by law, we may also collect, use and disclose Personal Information in connection with security related or law enforcement investigations or in course of cooperating with authorities or complying with legal requirements.
- We may also remove all the information that identifies you and use the remainder of the information for historical, statistical or scientific purposes.
- If you e-mail us, you are voluntarily releasing information to us. Your e-mail address will be used by us to respond to you. Unless you have agreed otherwise and except as otherwise specified in this Policy, we will not use the information that can identify you, such as your e-mail address, for direct marketing purposes.
- In addition, we may have collected similar information from you in the past. By entering the Site you are consenting to the terms of our Policy and to our continued use of previously collected information.
- We will only collect Personal Information that is necessary for one or more of our functions or for the purpose disclosed to you.
4. Links to other Sites from our Site
- Although our Site may contain hyperlinks or banner advertising to or from external websites, those websites are not subject to our privacy standards, policies and procedures. We recommend that you make your own enquires as to the Privacy Policies of these third parties.
- We are in no way responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties.
5. Storage and Security
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to store your Personal Information securely and to make the Site as secure as possible against unauthorised access. Where Personal Information is stored with a third party, we have arrangement which require those third parties to maintain the security of the information.
- Despite our reasonable endeavours, we are unable to ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information transmitted to us. Accordingly, all Personal Information disclosed by you to us is at your own risk and we are not liable for any unauthorised access to the personal information. However we will advise you at the first reasonable opportunity upon discovering or being advised of a security breach where your Personal Information is lost, stolen, accessed, used, disclosed, copied, modified, or disposed of by any unauthorised persons or in any unauthorised manner.
- If we determine that Personal Information is no longer needed for any purpose, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify that personal information, unless we are required by law to retain the information.
6. Third Parties
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Site and any transmission is entirely at your own risk.
7. Disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties
- We will not disclose your Personal Information to any third party (other than our authorised partners) without your consent in writing unless we disclose your Personal Information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- if we deem necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation governmental process or industry code;
- to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for security purposes; and
- to our third party external support service providers as well as to our related bodies corporate for the purpose of providing links to services or responding to your enquiries.
- Where we engage third party contractors to perform services for us, those third party contractors may be given access to your Personal Information for the purposes of providing services to us. Under these circumstances however, those third party contractors must safeguard this information and must only use it for the purposes for which it was supplied. If we give a third party service provider your personal information, we will also make them aware of this Policy and ask that they handle your Personal Information in accordance with it. However, beyond this, we will not be liable if they do not comply with this Policy.
8. Access to Information Collected
- We will use reasonable endeavours to keep your Personal Information that we collect accurate, up-to-date and complete.
- Subject to some exceptions provided by law, you have the right to access Personal Information. You may obtain access to the Personal Information which we have collected about you, via our Site, by contacting email@example.com. Proof of identity may be required before such information will be provided. We will use our reasonable endeavours to provide a complete list of your Personal Information within 7 days days of receipt of your enquiry.
- We will not charge you for lodging a request to access your Personal Information, but we reserve the right to charge you for our reasonable costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- We may amend this Policy from time-to-time. The current version of our Policy will be posted on our Site so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
- Your continued use of our products, services or Site following any such amendment will be confirmation of your acceptance of the amendments. We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, so please review it frequently.
- We will always use information in accordance with the Policy under which it was collected.
11. Contacting us
You have the right to access Personal Information we hold about you at all times. We will use our reasonable endeavours to keep your Personal Information that we collect accurate, up-to-date and complete. You may obtain access to the Personal Information which we have collected about you, and request corrections, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for this service to meet our reasonable costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
12. Resolving your privacy issues
- If you are concerned about our use of your personal information, or would like to discuss any issues about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject line, ‘privacy’ and provide us with full details of your complaint and any supporting documentation.
- Please note that if you do not provide us some or all of the Personal Information requested, we may not be able to offer you services or provide you with information about our events, programs and causes.
13. Further Information on Privacy
You may obtain further information regarding privacy issues in Australia by visiting the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au or the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.